Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Original writing piece

For class I am planning on writing another chapter to the end of 13 Reasons Why. I really enjoyed that book yet I was not too thrilled with the ending. I wanted more, so I decided to write what I wanted to happen at the end. I am not sure if I want to write a chapter that is a few years from after the suicide or if I want to write about something after all the people on the tape have listened to them. I don't know what will come out once I start writing but I hope I do the characters justice as Jay Asher was doing. I don't like it when I read these amazing books but the ending is nothing like rest of the book. I felt that way after reading Mockingjay and Jane Eyre. The books were great but when the ending came, it felt either rushed or too simply for the complexity of the rest of the novel. I never felt there was complete closure after reading about those characters. I didn't feel at peace with the story. My goal in my original writing piece is to create that closure and peace I felt I didn't receive in this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment